First a couple of monsters made from those funny socks that seperate your toes like gloves:
I'm really pleased with these two - the stripey socks seem to work really well for sock monsters. These are the only ones I've made with socks I've actually worn but I did make sure they were clean first!
I also tried some with knee high socks.....
This is my first attempt - he is called Wigmore. My mum mentioned that she knew someone called Wigmore and I thought it was such a genius name that I knew I had to call one of my monsters that! He was fun to make although the long arms and legs do take a long time to stuff and it is difficult to stop them being a bit lumpy. I don't think I quite achieved it here!
Next I decided to try out an idea I had for using one sock to make a kind of snail's shell. I also decided to add some legs because, afterall, he is a sock monster and not a sock snail! I haven't managed to get him to sit up quite like I wanted but still, I think he has potential:
That's all for now. In my next post I will try and talk about something other than sock monsters!!