I'm not really one for making New Year's resolutions but I thought it might focus my mind to think about some of things I would like to achieve this year creatively and for this blog. I have also posted photos of some of my favourite things I have made over 2011 in the hope that it might make you read this selfish post right to the end!!
My creative intentions* for 2012 are:
1. Try at least 4 new crafts - either in classes or self taught.
2. Get involved in craftivism/crafting for charity
3. Teach a crafty skill to someone else.
4. Finish my granny blanket - this will involve attaching together the 100 squares I already have and possibly adding many more!
5. Finish at least one knitting project. I've only just learned to knit and I'm not sure whether it will be my thing or not but I would like to try and make at least one thing to give it a go.
6. Hand make the majority of the cards I send.
7. Turn my Emily Peacock tapestries into cushions - this is something that I have been meaning to do for ages and I just need to get on with it!
8. Have another go at silver clay jewellery - I bought all the kit at the end of my course and its just sat in my spare room ever since. Whoops!
9. Look into getting a stall at a craft fair, probably selling mainly glass goodies, maybe with someone else.
10. Use up some of my fabric stash BEFORE I buy any more. I should probably try to do this for yarn too!
11. Write a tutorial for this blog.
12. Have 2 blog giveaways and participate in some swaps.
13. Aim to blog at least once a week.
14. Start using ravelry and documenting my projects on there.
15. And to finish on a more general intention, I always like to have several projects on the go but I would really like to get better at finishing things before starting new projects!
Phew - looks like I've got a busy year ahead! I've actually already managed to put the wheels in motion for some of these intentions already and it looks like I should probably get started on the others! If anyone is thinking of putting a list together like this then I would definitely recommend it - just typing this all out has got my brain whirring with things I want to get started on. Hmmm....maybe I should take note of number 15 in particular!!
Hope you are all having a lovely (crafty) weekend xx
*I was inspired to use the word intentions rather than resolutions by Heather - I think it sounds much more positive and less pressurising!!