Thursday 9 April 2009

More monster action...

Before I stop going on about monsters I just thought I'd show you a cute little family I made. These are my latest monsters and I think they are probably also my favourites.

Mum:



Kids:


And a group shot:



I need to come up with a name for this monster family but I haven't managed to think of anything appropriate yet. Still thinking! Suspiciously one of the kids has arms and the others don't - I decided to see what they'd look like with arms but I think I prefer them without!

I'm working on some more monsters at the moment - I've got a new idea for a shape and also I want to have a go with some different fabrics (pinstripe monster anyone?). I'll post some pics when I've made some progress.

In the meantime I'll be posting about some of the other things I've been making. I'm also thinking of doing a regular(ish) post on some of the stuff I've made using other peoples patterns and tutorials - there's so much inspiration out there and using other peoples ideas has taught me loads.

I hope you all have a lovely Easter break

Dotty xx

PS. If you get monster withdrawal symptoms then head over to Wilkie's site, Turnip Creations. There are some really great monsters and aliens on there, check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the link to my blog will do the same for you!!!!
The monster family is so cool!!!
My fav would have to be the green one!!!!

The Dotty One said...

Thanks. And thanks for becoming my first follower! :o)

Whimsical Road said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog.. I hope you try out The Toy Society. I've had alot of fun with it, and your little monsters are SO cute. :)

Youngstown Office Cleaning said...

Great blog post

 
design by suckmylolly.com